Monday, December 27, 2010

Year in Review- Spring

Our year started off with the news that Steph and I would be parents.  It was a moment that I had been waiting, and in some regards preparing, for most of my life.  I think it was this, in large part, that kept me grounded through the whole process.

I fast forward to the Spring though, because that's when things really started to heat up...

I am now moving into the last trimester of my 3rd year as a special education paraprofessional at Spring Lake Park High School.  I work in the EBD Dept. (Emotional Behavior Disorders- draw what conclusions you want).  I am not in love with my job, but it gets me a good foothold at SLP.  I am in the building everyday and get to see a lot of my tennis players.  I also am able to connect with students who I work with as the staff advisor for the FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes).

At this point (foreshadowing), Steph is in her 12th year at Together Dating.  She has a lot of positive relationships there, but the negatives are really starting to add up.

On April 15th, I attended my first game at Target Field.  A friend and I went in together and bought a 20 game season ticket plan.  (It sure does help when your wife is a Twins fan!)  The first game that Steph and I made it to was April 18th.  Spring is always a busy time for me because of coaching tennis, and this Spring the weather was very uncooperative for an outdoor sport.

May was a pretty crazy month.  On the 17th, the boys tennis team that I coach beat Benilde-St. Margaret's to win their first Conference Championship in 11 years.  It was a very proud moment for me, as it was something that I really worked for.  I am more proud of the guys on my team.  It was a special group of guys who were led by three outstanding captains.  6 days later, Steph and I moved into our new house in Brooklyn Park.  It was a move that made sense for a lot of reasons, first and foremost was the addition to our family.  It also made sense for us financially in the long run.  7 days after that, Steph and I celebrated our 1st anniversary (at the Twins game - we even got our names on the big screen- a benefit of being a season ticket holder).

It was a Spring of transition, and the metaphor fit our family perfectly.

Tomorrow: Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment